You are here: Other Events > Change of Name and or Address

Change of Name and or Address

Last Updated:  March 4, 2013


Per the Bankruptcy Fee Compendium III, no fee is charged to change an address.  


Step-by-Step Procedures:

  1. Select [Bankruptcy>Creditor Claimant Activity

  2. Select Change of Name/Address from event pick list and click Next

  3. Select Party from party pick list or Add/Create New Party and click Next                                  

  4. The Select/Change screen will display.

  1. The PDF Document Selection screen will display. Enter the name of the party who the change is for in the text box.

  2. Click Browse button and navigate to locate the appropriate document/file

  1. View fileHighlight filename
    Right click on filename
    Select Open
    Review document
    Close window
    to verify the correct file is being selected

  1. Click the Open button and filename will appear in the browse window

  1. Click Next

    The following screens will be different depending on what option was selected in Step 4

    Name chosen Address chosen Name and Address chosen

    10.Enter the NEW name of the party

    11. Click Next

    10. Enter the NEW address of party.

    11. Click Next

    10. Enter the NEW name of the party

    11. Enter the NEW address of party 

    Click Next

  1. Click Next

The Final Text screen will display. This is your final opportunity to modify the entry before submitting the filing.

  1. Verify the accuracy of the docket text.  If not correct/if correct

  1. Click Next to complete filing process

The court will update the party's name or address change the following business day.

The Notice of Electronic Filing will display.  It is the verification that the filing has been sent electronically to the court.

Copies of this notice and the document filed are emailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.  You have a period of 15 days for a one time free look at the document filed